Job title: Accountant
Division: Global Finance
Location: Century City, Cape Town, South Africa
The Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to historic financial accounting. This position will be responsible for maintaining and applying accounting principles, practices, and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will be responsible for managing the South Africa Accounting Team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget, expense and cashflow forecasting.
- Ensure compliance with internal control
- Support the Group Financial Manager in financial audit of their financials, statutory accounting practices and regulations relevant to the three
- Responsible for the compilation of information for preparation of tax
- Management of insurance contracts relevant to them.
- Responsible for the review of oversight Accounts receivable and the collections as
- Responsible for the management of accurate and timely capturing of Accounts
- Ensure all intercompany accounts balance monthly and at year end with the corresponding Intercompany partner.
- Responsible for cashflow management for the group of companies.
- Analyse the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Interacts with the Group Financial Manager to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and financial reporting through to year-end.
- Provide continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business
- Management of Fixed Assets, leases, and other
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Responsible for managing accounting payroll
- Review of financial statements variances to
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
KPA 1: Monthly deadlines achieved
KPA 2: Review of actuals monthly, YTD and annually
KPA 3: Compliance deadlines achieved
KPA 4: Effective Cashflow management KPA 5: Team Management
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
KPI 1: Financial Accounting processing complete by Working Day 10
KPI 2: Audit completed by due date.
KPI 3: CCI (Pty) Ltd tax profile to be compliant on a monthly basis as well ensure MLP’s resolved and no MLP’s for the next audit.
KPI 4: No overdue suppliers and cash cover for operating expenses every month. KPI 5: Performance reviews completed for the year for all relevant team members.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting or related major required.
- SAICA registration
- Minimum of 3-5 years of broad financial and operations experience
- Ability to develop and establish internal financial policies and
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Advanced English language
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders at different
- Previous managerial
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, who can engage with people at all levels inside and outside the company and involve and collaborate with key
- Analytical ability to analyse and improve current practices, performance and company
- Proactive and drives hard for Takes needed action to meet targets.
- Ability to think and communicate at an operational
- Presence and credibility to professionally present information to senior
- Ability to build high performing