Our client in the banking industry is looking for a Team Lead in the area of Project Delivery.
- To provide leadership; growth and mentorship to a team of Senior Project Managers who will be responsible for delivering strategic initiatives across the organisation.
- To provide input, collaboration, communication, and co-ordination in line with the Project Services Team vision and goals.
- To provide support and guidance to their direct reports; to represent both their direct team and the greater team’s best interests and to commit to striving towards continuous improvement.
- To work with project delivery team to further and support the adoption of Jira, Jira Portfolio, Confluence, and any other agreed tooling required to support project management and agile ways of working within the organisation
- Suggest and review metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability
- To pro-actively review team performance; and provide direction, process, and insights to encourage efficiency& best practice.
- Assist with performing ongoing assessments of team and organisational project management and agile maturity
- Provide end-to-end line management for my direct reports, even when they are co-located (personal development; training; contribution & encouraging a spirit of ownership and collaboration)
- Facilitate positive change by providing advice and input on tools and processes
- Act as change agent and demonstrate to the teams how the Project Management processes, practices and tools work
- Participate in both the internal and external Project Management community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends
- 10+ Year’s relevant working experience
- 5+ Years Project Management experience in a Leadership role
- Financial Services Experience (Client in the Business Banking domain)
- Technology background (should be able to integrate with community of practices including Software Development etc.)
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
- A relevant tertiary qualification (min)
- PMI Accredited Project Management Certification (Beneficial)
Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Group facilitation approaches (i.e., conflict resolution, people engagement; effective teamwork, etc.)
- Project management techniques: Waterfall; Agile
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Microsoft Project; Project Planning and Reporting
- Jira & Atlassian tools
- Must have in-depth understanding of all the Project roles & principles in order to work well together with the team and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Solid understanding of Cloud products (Very beneficial)
- Communications Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Project Management Skills (Methodology Specific)
- Leadership Skills
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Contactable via own mobile phone
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.