Our client in the Banking industry is looking for a Head of their Product Line in Business Banking Credit in Sandton. The purpose of the role is to integrate and align the entire Credit Product Line through guiding and coaching Product Heads so that ‘best in world’ products are developed according to the requirements of the Business Owner/s and organisational strategy and objectives.
- Honours Degree in Commerce or Business Management
Education (Ideal or Preferred)
- Masters Degree in Commerce or Business Management
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 12 years' experience in business management at a senior level in an innovative high performing environment, where technology is at the forefront.
- In depth understanding and experience in credit across the entire credit life cycle
- Business banking experience is highly preferred
- Ideally experience in a banking of Fin Tech. environment
- At least 8 years’ experience managing people including providing guidance and direction to senior managers, serving as arbitrator when required.
- Providing thought leadership and vision, identifying and promoting strategic opportunities for the organisation.
- Aligning multiple teams and products and their strategies with a central organisational strategy and related objectives.
- Managing multiple initiatives with competing priorities and experience in influencing multiple, diverse stakeholders at all levels, both business and technology.
- Business and product vision; has had ownership and oversight of products previously.
- Working at different levels in an organisation (strategic, tactical and technical levels) but significant experience of corporate strategy thinking and planning.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Leading, being a mentor and earning trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
- Using influence and relationships to drive and achieve objectives.
- Leading and managing senior and technical managers to deliver, with delivery in an agile manner and at a scaled level
- Managing and working with remote / hybrid teams
Knowledge and Skills
- Strategic and commercial thinking at an organisation wide level and perspective.
- Able to think about problems from a business perspective using people, technology and product input.
- Business acumen and systems thinking; able to take a ‘big picture’ view, assess, make a logical, sound decision and influence others to achieve objectives.
- People leadership and management practices to empower, create focus and delivery.
- Organising, planning and prioritising work.
- Data-driven approach; analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technologically literate and able to adapt to new technologies.
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Communications Skills
- Decision making skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Creating and Innovating
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Leading and Supervising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.