Lead System Engineer
Innovative & reputable Corporate and Investment bank seeks Lead System Engineer to join Global Markets Technology team. Strong focus on African and emerging markets. Play pivotal role in executing technical, digital, data platform strategies, solutions and roadmaps. Ensure resilience of platform features and functions across geographies.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Client Segment and Client Solutions service delivery and country service experience.
- Ensure the availability and continuity requirements for the platform based on usage / consumption and forecasts.
- Establish appropriate risk oversight and governance processes and structures
- Review the number and severity of incidents and outages, performing trend analysis and investigating root causes.
- Provide input to appropriate information dashboards regarding failure of service and develop plans to mitigate failures.
- Implement the service strategy for platform services.
- Monitor budgets against expenditure across countries and manage IT costs.
- Promote awareness of trends and developments in digital, cloud and platform technologies and devices.
- Educate business users and present and promote awareness of platform features and processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in IS or IT, plus Professional Cert eg SAFE Agile certification.
- 5-8 yrs exp managing system or platform teams .
- Exp in leading Engineering teams in Capital Markets businesses (Calypso, Alchemy, Front Arena, Wall Street, Asset Control).
- 8-12 yrs in Full Lifecycle Design and Development.
- Good exposure to vendor system setups and system architectures, pref Murex.
- Exp in future fit technology eg Cloud, DevOps, API frameworks.
Should you be interested in the role:
- Please apply online
- For queries, contact Bev at SET on 082 495 8595