Purpose of the Job
To work closely with all business units to develop a clear understanding of their plans and activities around financial modelling and reporting requirements. This is in order to support the business in decision making process via rigorous financial analyses and insights. This role also entails providing input and insights into budgets and forecasts as well as the monthly reporting cycle.
The individual will also be required to interact (and hold his/her ground) with the business team’s Senior managers, Executives and Executive Heads and represent the Commercial Finance department if required. He/she will also have to support the development of junior staff assigned to him/her and control the quality of their output before presenting.
- Support all business units in the preparation and evaluation of business cases. This will entail working closely with the business to understand and objectively evaluate projects, provide insights, identify key risks and implications, and make recommendations
- The build model and provide complex financial analytical analysis for pricing decisions
- To be able to give valuable insights driven from the complex financial models
- Prepare financial analyses (including financial models), aimed at understanding the current and expected performance of various business units. Such analyses could be in the context of reporting of actual performance, or drilling down on key problem areas to understand root causes and provide solutions, planning and forecasting, business case evaluations, etc.
- Carry out post implementation reviews of business units
- Understanding any possible deviations from model/pricing submissions
- Investigating and answering questions within his/her scope of responsibility
- Gather and validate the integrity of information from different sources (systems and departments) required for financial analysis. Such information includes operational KPIs and financial data
- Prepare high quality presentations and reports
- Present the results of any analyses in various formats and forums, for example, to management teams, via PowerPoint or written reports, etc.
- Support the preparation of all financial reports for the business
- Compiling and reviewing the financial reports, identifying, and correcting inconsistencies between different data sources, identifying trends, providing appropriate commentary, and ensuring an appropriate level of insight on the performance of the company
- Finalise the reporting requirements of monthly reporting ready for distribution to Exco, including suitable insights.
- Ensure consistency in reporting and reconciling to statutory accounts
- University degree, preferably with Honours and in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- Professional Finance qualifications are preferred
- 8 years or more of experience in financial management
- Telecommunications experience essential
- Experience in preparation of pricing models, including financial modelling
- Experience in Analytical and/or Statistical functions is an asset, so is any Commercial experience
- Experience in planning and forecasting
- Presentation skills