TOP JOB ALERT
Our client who is based in Port Alfred, has a position available in their organization for an experienced Accountant.
This is an awesome career opportunity with room for growth.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- BCom Accounting degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years working experience in an accounting environment.
- Experienced at leading a small financial team
- Registered as the Public Officer with SARS.
- Experienced working on Pastel Partner V19.3.2.
- Experienced working on VIP (payroll software).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Management reporting and analytical skills.
- Corporate policies/procedures and internal control.
- Financial planning and business support.
- Company and business knowledge.
- Legal, taxation and compliance issues
- Treasury and investment management.
- Credit Management.
- Accounting principal standards.
- Management information skills.
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation.
- Problem Solving.
- Proficient in English and Afrikaans
- Excellent communicator.
- Must be process driven.
- Have a high work ethic.
- Good time management and priority setting skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Processing of journal entries to general ledger.
- Full accounting function up to trial balance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Budgets and estimates.
- Monitoring of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepare and manage monthly balance sheet.
- Monitor fixed assets.
- Annual audit and financial year end.
- Ensure all cash and bank accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Manage petty cash.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Managing and processing of payroll and associated statutory requirements.
- Managing, reconciling, and processing of VAT submissions.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.