The Fund Accountant needs to manage the day to day accounting duties for a specific fund/s. The Fund accountant will be responsible for the management and reconciliations of various general ledger accounts monthly. They will also assist with the preparation of the audit workings. They will be doing reconciliation checks during the month to make sure all system transactions are correctly accounted for.
This role will provide an effective and efficient administrative and support function to the overall Fund Accounting Team.
- Check that bank statements are updated and bank reconciliations done accurately and on time.
- Managing the linking and making sure all the bank statement items are allocated
- Checking and loading payments on online banking.
- Manage creditor payments and make sure all proof of payment are sent out accordingly
- Cashflow management of funds and forecasting of cash requirements in line with the funds policy/ies.
- Use system reports to check that the respective GL accounts are correct and
- Manage debtors accounts and make sure all monies are received accordingly.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and cashflows with notes.
- Preparation of fund accounts in line with the fund/s accounting policies and implementation of any changes.
- Preparation of all monthly reconciliations (Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable).
- Preparation of monthly working papers relating to ledger accounts (GL).
- Make sure all documentation is saved for easy access at audit time.
- Manage electronic files and records to ensure relevant information is retrieved and prepared for use.
- Monitor and control investment / disinvestment with the respective Investment Managers.
- Ensure accurate loading of daily unit prices.
- Ensuring Investments are balanced accurately (ALM).
- Preparation of audit files and working papers for submission to the Fund Accounting Manager.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Providing responses on audit requirements ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met.
- Implementing recommendations from the auditors.
- Electronic submission of financial statements to the FSCA.
- Working closely with the senior Management to ensure that all key risks are identified and adequately communicated to the relevant business owners.
- Communicate to top management with regards to any fraudulent and misrepresentation of information.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and cashflow statements.
- Drafting of the annual budget for the fund/s and monthly tracking of the fund/s income and expenses against the budget.
- Provide relevant information for the preparation of fund/s board packs.
- Ensure adherence to customer and service provider SLA’s.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for any work done or allocated
- Display and willing and helpful attitude
- Communicate effectively with the administrators
- Detailed orientated
- Innovative thinking
- High ethics
- Excellent time management.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Must be available to work overtime when the need arises
- Applying for time off/Leave as per company requirement and make sure all task are complete before going on leave
- Matric (Grade 12) certificate with Mathematics and Accounting.
- Studying towards an accounting degree or similar diploma
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience in Retirement funds.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office, Excel advance, Work).
- Everest knowledge required.
- Caseware knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good communication skill.
- Deadline driven.
- Ensure adherence to all organizational objectives
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interest, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and to participate in all organizational events as required.