Position: Procurement and Quotation Specialist
Location: Richards Bay
Reporting Line: General Manager
Main Purpose: Cost estimators collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money and materials and labor to manufacture a product or provide a service.
Technical and Functional Competencies:
- BSc Degree in Civils or Architectural Engineering
- Min 2 years as an Estimator
- Key understanding knowledge of the engineering process involving high production machining to the manufacturing and refurbishment of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Word Excel
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be estimated, by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents
- Identifies labour, material and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor and material and time requirements by using Job Sys
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Sends prepared estimate/quote to customer
- Evaluating a products cost effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective and profitable
- Orders and manages raw material and availability of job execution.
- Manages adherence to Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Procedures