SAP Production Planner
World class manufacturer have an excellent opportunity for an experienced SAP Production Planner. Reporting to the Planning Manager you will be responsible for:
- To coordinate, produce and maintain the required production plan information required by operations.
- To ensure that all plans are communicated to Production for execution.
- To ensure all sales demand confirmations are communicated to sales and project management departments.
- Schedule, plan, and maintain planned and production orders to satisfy sales order requirements.
- Plan and control production in accordance with LEAN principles by maintaining optimum work in progress levels and minimize manufacturing lead times.
- Synchronize the production plan between various process steps throughout the manufacturing process.
- Manage and maintain Shop Floor Management system, supporting project meetings
- Initiate readiness meetings timeously
- Analyses trends and manage system issues and initiate cross functional countermeasures
- Stock take of manufactured items
- Release of production orders on time
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in operations, commerce, or engineering
- At least 8 years hands on experience in a manufacturing environment with direct reference to the required skills, and able to take production planning to the next level
- Good manufacturing process and systems knowledge
- Sound knowledge of SAP essential