Useful Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- B.ENG Electronic Degree. (Required)
- Able to handle pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical Writing.
- PCB Design.
- Embedded C firmware development.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Leadership ability – must be able to provide training when and if requested.
- Android Development
Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Take instruction from the Research and Development Manager. and Managing Director
regarding work that needs to be completed, including:
o Experiments, tests or other physical and/or computer simulations of electronic and/or
systems, where the tools, equipment and time provided is capable of determining the
o Production of reports for activities undertaken by the company, where such
information can be obtained from data, persons and storage systems present at the
- Inform the Research and Development Manager of the status of all tasks and activities
assigned, at reasonable intervals in relation to the tasks being undertaken.
- Record all tests taken in a manner where such information is reasonably accessible for other
staff members of the company.
- Use the electronic design computer software Design Spark PCB to generate schematics and
PCBs if required to do so. (Skills and Proficiency dependent).
- Documenting including but not limited to, technical reports, technical studies, Quality
assurance documentation, procedures, bills of materials and master design files.
- Sourcing and ordering of components for projects.
- Ensure that all documents produced are stored in their correct locations on the server on the
company internal network.
- Respond to instructions and requests for information sent via email or phone, from employees
and management, in a reasonably timeous manner.
- Produce embedded code and computer code for tasks as instructed, including programming
embedded microcontrollers and computer systems. (e.g., Embedded C – Typically on
Microchip PIC 12,16,18,32. Linux, Node.js, React). (Skills and Proficiency dependent).
- Use mechanical computer aided design packages, where available, for the generation of
technical drawings. (Skills and Proficiency dependent).
- As far as is feasible, diagnose, debug, and interact with blast control systems in the field when
required to do so, given the level of training currently exposed to.
- Interact with other employees in assisting the Research and Development team in the
execution of projects, where possible.
- Inspect and evaluate PCB and schematic designs produced by other team members for the
purposes of quality control once trained to do so.
- Assist with, as much as is reasonable, the maintenance of the telecommunications and
network infrastructure of the company.
- On observation of systems that could be improved; including all aspects of production,
administration, and development; direct such observations and suggestions to the responsible
- Request details from Quality Assurance and Research and Development regarding changes
made to production processes and designs; and where appropriate recommend and compile
the changelog for the changes.
- Facilitate meetings of the Research and Development team when required for the transfer of
information with regards to team projects and activities.