Our client is currently seeking an experienced Site Manager based in Carnarvon, Northern Cape.
The role is a fixed-term contract for 5 years with the possibility of an extension.
The main function of this role is to support the Site Manager with the daily execution of site construction management activities
on the SKA site located in the Karoo and ensure that the work is governed by the South African Site Information & Site Instructions to Contractors.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Deputy Site Manager will form part of a small site management team led by the Site Construction Director
- Project Managers and Supervisors will be responsible for the management of the various construction contracts and the Site Management Team will work with the Contractors, Project Managers and Supervisors to ensure effective and efficient overall coordination.
- The Site Management Team will also work in close cooperation with other Site Management Team to coordinate with existing facilities and their ongoing concurrent operation on-site and also with the local adjacent communities. The Deputy Manager shall ensure that the client’s Brand, Values and Reputation is upheld on site.
- The role will require a full-time presence at the client’s site in the Karoo with frequent travel in Cape Town and periodic travel to the United Kingdom, and less frequent possible travel to the other counties and elsewhere will also be expected.
- Line Management reporting will be to the on-site Director Daily / functional reporting to the on-site Site Manager.
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or a closely related field with a minimum of 5 years of site management
experience or a National Diploma (or equivalent) in Engineering or Construction Management or a closely related field with a
minimum of 10 years site management experience
- A proven track record of being part of a team managing a construction site to successfully deliver complex engineering /
construction projects in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Demonstrated ability in managing overlapping constraints and jurisdictions for construction on-site;
- A demonstrated ability to manage strict time schedules and evolving priorities in terms of the delivery of a construction project onsite;
- Evidence of an ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and manage complex professional relationships with geographically dispersed teams Construction / Site Management
- Proven track record in managing staff and contractors on construction sites
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [DUE TO THE POPI ACT - CVS VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Shortlisted candidates will be required to go through background screening.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.