Mining Safety Officer
SafriSafe PTY Ltd
Tuesday, 07 September 2021
Building/Construction/Mining - Mining
A well-known Mining Company is looking for a highly experienced Mining Safety Officer with a background in Engineering.
Role and responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections
- Accident investigation
- Stakeholder communication
- Accompany Inspector of Mine during visits and participate in DMR enquiries
- Participate in meetings; safety awareness campaigns and external SHE audits
- Gather input/data for SHE reports and statistics
- Conduct internal audits
- Compliance to maintenance schedules
- Quality assurance
- Qualified Artisan (5 Years’ Experience)
- Qualified Safety Practitioner (5 Years’ experience)
- Understanding of ISO 45001
- Computer Literate
- ORM A2 & A1.2
- Certificate in Incident Investigation
- Knowledge of the MHSA & Regulations
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English
- Pro-active thinker and have the ability to do own job planning
- Able to work without supervision
- Good communication skills and problem solving abilities
Must have a clean record with no pending judgements. You must be in good overall physical health and will have to pass medical and heat tolerance testing for underground work.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.