A Customer Service Agent is employed to perform a defined range of skilled operations within the required language range, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures. Some discretion and judgement is required in the selection of equipment, services or contingency measures and within known time constraints. Within this team, this role is predominantly taking inbound calls and/or inbound emails and solving simple customer queries or creating cases to be handed over to a Case Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive calls and answer customer email queries in fluent German
- Use common call centre telephone and computer technology.
- Enter and retrieve data.
- Work and build relationship in a team consisting of local and international staff members at different locations
- Manage their own work under guidance.
- Use multiple technologies such as telephony and internet services.
- Follow occupational health & safety policy and procedures.
- Communicate in a customer contact centre.
- Work in a customer contact centre environment.
- Respond to inbound customer contact.
- Conduct outbound customer contact.
- Use basic computer technology with at least intermediate skill level.
- Use an enterprise information system.
- Provide excellent quality customer service.
- Send and retrieve information over the internet using browsers and email.
- Manage work priorities and professional development.
- Manage workplace relationships in a contact centre.
- Use multiple information systems.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Assist in providing solutions to customers and staff.
- Open service requests that must be referred to the country Customer relations Centre (CRC) – ask all the relevant questions so that the CRC Case Manager can start working on the case without contacting the customer again.
- SA citizen, permanent residence or qualifying for a work permit (e.g., Spousal permit) for South Africa.
- Fluent (speak, write, and read) in both German & English.
Education and Experience
- Completed Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum of one-year customer service-related experience
- Communicates both verbally and in written correspondence to an above average standard in German
- The ability to work from home, if required.
- Access to a stable internet connection and a dedicated, quiet work from home area.
- Proven successful customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate at least at an intermediate level with experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and pro-active attitude towards customer enquiries and other stakeholders (team, client, service providers, and dealers).
- Provide clear, professional, and accurate written responses to customers when requested, using standard letters where appropriate and email.
- Deliver quality performance.
- Ability to relate to and deliver Percepta mission and values.
- Advanced organisational skills.
- Ability to seek advice or escalate issues when necessary.
- Reliability and strong work ethics
Under normal circumstances work is carried out on-site in an office, however due to the Corona Pandemic all employees are currently working from home and will do so, until it is safe to return to work. With this in mind it is important to have the following:
- You should have a quiet dedicated workspace, free from noise and interruption as you will be required to assist customers.
- You will be required to be self-disciplined and maintain a strict work ethic as if you were reporting to the office daily.
- It is a compulsory requirement that you provide a stable internet connection, preferably Fibre with a minimum Data speed of 10mbps. Work related data usage will be approximately 10 GB per month.
- You will require a computer/smart phone in order to attend a zoom interview and complete an online assessment. If your application is successful, all work-related equipment, will be supplied by the Company.
- Self-motivated and able to work without constant face to face supervision as all training and support will all be conducted remotely.