Minimum qualification and experience:
- Matric and Technical Qualification N3 – N6 Technical or equivalent
- Experience with the setup, repairs, maintenance and calibration of electronic torque tools as well as air tools.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in tool calibration methods for manual and electronic tools.
- Knowledge of Welding, Plumbing, electrical, and fabrication as well as and health and safety requirements in a Production environment.
Core behavioral aspects required:
- Core behavioral aspects required
- Energetic and change / improvement focused
- Flexible and forward thinking
- Good communication skills including the ability to present and disseminate information in an effective manner
- Show good work habits by acting respectfully towards others and earning the respect of the team in return
Key performance Areas:
- Setup, repair and maintain electronic torque tools for the production line taking Engineering technical changes and new models into consideration utilizing the VPG tool software.
- Ensure all production tooling is calibrated according to MAN standards.
- Assist in the specification and purchase of electronic and manual torque tools as required
- Assist in general plant maintenance requests via the electronic Plant Maintenance Helpdesk system and ensure efficient quality service delivery to all internal customers, this includes Plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Assist in the fabricate of jigs, fixtures, trolleys and special tools as required for Production as required
- Assist in the management of the TPM concept and ensure that preventative maintenance is applied to all critical plant equipment to provide optimum functionality
- Assist in overseeing of work done by external suppliers to ensure that job is done correctly as per specification
- Assist in insuring that all lifting equipment, machines, ladders, welding and electrical equipment have safety guards, signs or instructions on them and are inspected as per OSH act
- Ensure that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn by yourself at all times
- Maintain 5S standards in the Maintenance department
- Ensure that all unsafe working conditions are addressed immediately