Main Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for campaign management, warranty activities, diagnose faults, repairs, and quality control in accordance with prescribed customer and company standards. Deliver high quality technical expertise to satisfy the customer.
Ensure work on all vehicles are conducted in accordance with relevant standards and procedures:
- Carry out diagnostic work and fault finding on problem vehicles.
- Carry out campaign work as per client requirements.
- Ensure standards are maintained with vehicle care and safety whilst performing functions.
- Conduct warranty repairs on vehicles as and when required.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in good working condition.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and ensure correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and work areas are always kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure all incidents and “near misses” are reported immediately to relevant personnel.
- Ensure Incident / Accident / CAR reports are compiled & reported according to standard.
- Responsible to train other hourly paid technician in doing complex campaigns.
- Ensure that tasks at hand are completed within the quoted time.
- Conduct time estimation for campaigns requested for the input for quoting purposes.
- Establish tools, equipment and support labor required for the requested campaigns.
- Provide daily / weekly plans for the campaigns to be done and completed.
- Responsible for documentation of all units done for tracking purposes.
- Ensure department adheres to ISO 45001 Quality Processes and standards
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Code B (08) driver’s license with no endorsement.
- Grade 12 with English fluency (written and spoken).
- Relevant Technical qualification (certified mechanic – red seal/ certified trade tested).
- Advanced Computer literacy: Microsoft word; Excel; Internet; Microsoft outlook.
- Knowledge of Automotive systems (vehicle layout, function and location of parts)
- Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, services and general repairs.
- Organisational, customer service, communication, interpersonal, and training skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.