Our client, a property management company, is looking to hire a Legal Administration Assistant who is looking for career development to work alongside their legal administration team.
The remit of the Legal Administration team has grown and to meet increasing demands from clients for property legal services, this is an opportunity for the right person to flourish and establish themselves as a valued staff member within a dynamic company.
This role would be of interest to an experienced Administrator with some legal experience but not essential.
- Dealing with presale and re-mortgage enquiries in accordance with internal processes, timescales and ensuring income generation for such activity.
- Processing notices of transfer and charge and updating ownership records.
- Liaison with external solicitors instructed to prepare formal deeds and licence documents.
- Assisting with statutory and voluntary lease extension requests.
- Maintaining company secretarial records, execution protocols and for all documents requiring director signature.
- Processing applications for standard consents required in leases including subletting of property, keeping pets, alterations and works in accordance with the lease and client’s instruction.
- Assist Property Managers, finance, and major works team on ad-hoc enquiries on various matters including lease interpretation, disputes, land registry searches and other landlord and tenant matters.
- To maintain KPIs including fee income generation.
- To observe the highest possible standards in relation to client and customer confidentiality and in compliance with data protection legislation.
- To undertake any other duties as are reasonably requested from time to time.
- Maintain accurate computerized and manual records regarding leasehold ownership records.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
Tools needed to do the role:
- Excellent academic qualifications, preferably a relevant Degree.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting correspondence and documents.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and be organized and efficient.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of the legal conveyancing process.
- Experience within the residential property sector, or within the property industry generally.
- Experience in dealing with solicitors, conveyancers, and surveyors.
Salary: R18 000 – R25 000 per month.
Area: Stellenbosch area.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.