PURPOSE OF ROLE
- The ability to investigate and apply expertise to data with an intended objective to deliver on the specific area of expertise.
- The ability to analyze data and extract trends to ensure improvement of processes and or customer satisfaction. This could be in the form of innovative ideas as well as the task of compiling reports.
- Engage and list to current challenges in the team/business and use expertise to Trouble shoot issues in order to provide workable solutions
- The ability to tackle a Problem with the intent of using expertise/capability and or experience to resolve speedily
- Perform quality assurance based on the specialized requirements of the role.
- Should be able to ensure strong stake holder management ito Communication i.e. feedback to clients, managing clients, responding to clients, attend to queries timeously
- Engage in a professional manner whether it be verbal or face to face
- Have the ability to communicate via different communication channels
- Ensure that the brand or image of SEB is always maintained by adhering to the values (in keeping in line with the KPI and values of the company)
- Be a strong team player
- Have both both industry knowledge and experience
- Ensure that the role is carried out with the relevant accuracy, attention to detail and following instructions.
- Ensure that judgement and attention to detail is applied to the role
- Ensure that the role is completed within required deadlines and should have the ability to organize, plan, set goals and deliver accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills as cross team collaboration is required.
- Have the ability to innovate in the role
- Quality of work should be thorough
- Conscious of the abuse of company resources
Implement the culture transformation programme that will enable the delivery of Salt’s strategic intent and identified ideal behaviours to improve employee engagement and reduce employee turnover.
Areas of Responsibilities
Timeous Reponses to Queries
- Identify the source of the complaint by identifying all parties to a complaint, and direct that the relevant information be sought from all parties
- Accurate query response within the stipulated timelines
- Have good problem solving capabilities
- Record/track complaints and determinations received from the PFA, FSCA and other sources
- Have a systematic filing system for all complaints, queries, responses and determinations issued by the PFA and other relevant Authorities
- Controlling the outcome of PFA determinations issued and ensuring adherence
- Provide a weekly report/update of all complaints to Management
- Provide monthly reports for the relevant stakeholders
- Be able to deal with Board of Trustees and other stakeholder enquiries
Time and Quality Management
- Meet production standards in terms of quality and quantity
- Ensure written and verbal communication (internally and externally) is dealt with professionally and within the agreed service level agreements
Investigation of Pension Funds Adjudicator (PFA) complaints
Respond to PFA/FSCA complaints in respect of the different Funds Administered by SALT EB within the prescribed timeframes.
Draft eight responses per day, forty per week and one hundred and sixty per month
Timeous implementation of OPFA determinations.
Ensure that responses to PFA and other stakeholders are of high-quality standard, furthermore, to ensure that supporting documents relate the drafted response
Attend to PFA queries relating to responses/Attorney and member queries
Ensure that all the matters are attended to timeously and deliver high quality work
Recording of new complaints and determinations for reporting purposes to EXCO and relevant stakeholders.
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- English (Business writing and email etiquette)
- Stakeholder management (CRM)
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Working under pressure And Deadline driven
- Organizational skills / Planning and prioritizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Settings goals
- Cross team collaboration
- Management of time
- People Management
- Analysis of data
- Judgement/Decision making
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Persuasion, Prospecting,
- Public Speaking
- Computer literacy.
- Pensions Law knowledge, particularly the Pension Funds Act 24 of 1956
- Knowledge of other SA Laws relevant to the Retirement Fund Industry
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in PFA case management or complaints resolution
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Retirement Fund Industry/Employee Benefits
- Relevant BCom, or Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Preferable
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- EB experience
- Financial Acumen
- Ensure adherence to all organizational objectives
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Use your best endeavours to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interest, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Any other duties as determined by the business needs and to participate in all organisational events as required.