About our client:
Our client creates technology for financial institutions and businesses to facilitate multiple-channel transaction acceptance. They have been developing electronic payment technology since 1998. Today, they process millions of transactions and have customers in several countries. They are a proven provider of the best-of-breed multiple channel transaction technology. They provide a Payment Gateway that supports multiple-channel card acceptance. Their Payment Gateway is a recognized leader for the provision of an omnichannel solution that allows an acquiring bank to own the last mile of payment acceptance.
They are looking for a hands-on Project Manager to :
- Lead the projects in Payment Gateways and Solutions and manage the process design and documentation.
- Key responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. This position will also manage PCI compliance and internal controls.
- Oversee all aspects of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of the project. Prepare reports for management regarding the status of projects.
- Maintain communications between the development team and the rest of the business stakeholders.
- Maintain constant communications with the relevant stakeholders to ensure briefs are completed timeously and efficiently.
- Take assigned project from original concept through final implementation by Participate and contribute in daily scrum meetings as well as sprint planning sessions.
- Design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
- Identify and prioritize critical tasks.
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project product/service lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting, prioritizing and tracking requests (changes, enhancements, etc.)
- Manage expectations for the delivery of the project and escalating issues on deadlines as early as possible to Business Development Head to enable appropriate corrective action to be taken.
- Identify dependencies between projects, particularly in respect of resources, and the reporting of programme level issues and risks.
- Conducts project meetings with teams to review project deliverables and deadlines.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with project management using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) working on Development projects.
- PMP certified or equivalent is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook, and MS Project.
- 4+ years experience as an IT professional in relevant fields such as Banking, Card industry, or Payment processing.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience in an IT Department.
- 2- 4 years in a project manager position working with Software developers.
- Experience in Card / Digital Payment related projects is a bonus.
- Experienced in interfacing with key business units in an organisation.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- PCI program implementation and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Analysis and Reporting.
- Business Planning and Management.
- Communication and Presentation.
- Champion for Change.
- Influencing skills.
- Information and Technology Proficiency.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Passion for the Payments industry.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player.
Skills and proficiencies
- Project Management.
- Process Improvement.
- Quick to adapt and motivated by working in a team in a stimulating environment.
- Attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills, enabling you to interact effectively with both technical and business teams.
- You are curious and knowledgeable about the world of payment solutions and digital technology.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Good knowledge of regulatory and governance standards in the card payment industry.
Salary: Based on Experience and qualifications. Open to flexibility in working hours and this will be a remote role that can be based anywhere within a 2-hour time difference to SA.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to take the next step in your career, we'd love to hear from you!