- Daily, weekly and monthly management of all soft and pre-legal collections matters.
- Daily management, escalation, and control of portfolio irregularities
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the timeous resolution of customer queries relating to non-performing accounts.
- Analyse and interpret collections data and recommend improvement initiatives in the credit cycle.
- Continuous feedback to senior management regarding the credit granting cycle to assist in the improvement of credit granting decision making.
- Hiring and managing members of the team.
- Planning, evaluating, implementing, and continuously improving all aspects of credit & collection functions and processes.
- Assisting in formulation of specific collection objectives and achievement of same
- Working closely with Head of Operations and Head of Process and Strategy to respond to credit and collection concerns
- Meet or exceed Internal Collections Key Performance Indicators through effective management of people, processes, and technology within operating budget
- Responsible for maintaining key strategic relationships with the Executives, Senior Managers, and support staff
- Deploy continuous process improvement to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of existing resources
- Ensure the collections call center is delivering according to operational plans and goals, within the operating budget
- Ensure call center productivity is optimized through hands-on management of the team and introduction of best practices
- Administrative processes are implemented to enable smooth running of department
- Monitoring and performance management of daily production
- Strategic and best practice through-leadership within the collections call center to enhance operational competencies
- Ensure staff are led and managed optimally and performance management applied consistently
Minimum educational qualification:
- Matric/Grade 12 -Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
- 3-5 Years’ experience in debt collections call center environment
- Previous management experience within call center environment