Thursday, 14 January 2021
Trade/Artisans/Technical - Boilermaker/Welder
R19 000,00 - R36 000,00 (PER MONTH)
Job Title: Boilermaker
Area: Engineering Department
Position Type: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Day Shift
Salary: R19,000 - R36,000
Purpose of Position
Conduct boiler-making maintenance in the plant in order to maintain plant structural condition.
• Operate metalworking machinery to repair or make parts.
• Repair leaks and patch weakened spots.
• Replace defective parts.
• Be able to perform custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding or machinery and equipment repair welding.
• Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely.
• Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe manner.
• General Boiler making duties including use of: grinding, cutting (friction and Gas cutting).
• Welding (GMAW, TIG, stick), polishing, Cropping, Pressing, Heat Treatment and Stress relieving of Steels.
• Co-ordinate and work in a team environment.
• Maintain and use equipment as designed.
• Ensure that work is performed as per Job Cards or requests and current schedule of works.
• Trade tested Boilermaker.
• Recognition of existing skills.
• experience or other qualifications.
• Be physically fit and are safety conscious.
• Team player have an ability to adapt to shift work and long hours.
• Willing to work in a cold environment.
• Desired Qualification Accreditation(Grade 12 / Matric).