My Client a well known and popular De Luxe Hotel and connference Venue in Mpumalanga is recruiting for a Front Office / Reception Manager.
- Competitive Salary Negotiable based on experience
- Live Out position
Scope and General Purpose:
To take control of the Management and Operations of the Reception / Front Office Department, and to ensure that the standards as laid down by the Hotel policies and procedures are implemented & adhered to, in order to achieve the highest occupancy percentage at the best possible average room rate.
- To provide the best possible standard in service to all guests that is inline with the Hotel Policies and Procedures.
- Very Important note : Candidates applying for this position must be 100% familiar and literate on Opera ( Property Management System) , candidates without Opera experience will not be considered for this position.
- Matric - grade 12 equivalent
- Recognised 3 year tertiary qualification in the Hospitality industry will be an advantage
- At least 2 year’s experience as an Assistant Front Office Manager in a similar 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Exceptionally fluent in English
- High Level of computer literacy with emphasis on Opera ( PMS System- Essential) & Microsoft Office
- Well developed leadership, training and communication skills
- Good business acumen with competent financial understanding
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Well developed Administration and analytical skills & attention to detail
- Ability to create a strong team climate
- Ability to work shifts and occasional overtime
- Conversational ability in a third official South African language and / or a European language would be an advantage
Key Result Areas:
- To take operational responsibility for all aspects of Reservations, Reception, Concierge and Switchboard
- To scheduling team members to ensure the correct level of coverage
- Oversee and maintain departmental handover procedures
- Ensure strict control over all procedures involving cash, billing, room allocation and record keeping
- Assist the GM in reviewing departmental performance against the objectives set.
- To be involved in the selection of team members, training and performance management.
- Assist with maximizing of occupancy levels.
- Maintain a high standard of personal service with all customers, internal and external as well as public areas surpassing those as set out by The Hotel management Executive and owners.
- To manage & control daily revenues and to report any deviations, irregularities to revenue and VAT accruals to the Finance Manager and rectify accordingly.
- To be fully aware of the trends in the industry and make suggestions for the improvement of the running of the Front Desk.
- Represent the department in management meetings.
- Assist with the formulation of the departmental standards and the running of the Front Of House Operations.
Reporting To: Ops manager