Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you help others realize their travel dream and experience the best that a destination has to offer? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Our client is currently recruiting a German-speaking Trip Coordinator to join their team. The role of a trip coordinator is to manage and coordinate trips for our international guests while they are travelling with the company, with the aim of bringing alive the magic of travel through a well-organized and seamless trip. Specifically, the responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with their partners to confirm ground services the moment a booking comes in
- Reconfirming all services with relevant partners before the start of a trip to ensure everything is booked as per what has been promised to the guest
- Liaising between their guests and the partners to execute trips and deliver on the experiences promised by their travel consultants
- Providing prompt, courteous service to guests by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to their problems
- Understanding the guests’ requirements and coordinating with different departments to prepare necessary arrangements pre and post the guests’ travel
- Briefing guests about their upcoming experience in Africa and Europe
- Acting as the single point of contact for guests on his or her trip and providing 24hr support throughout the duration of the trip - this would include availability over weekends and holidays in case of emergencies or crisis
- Issue handling, catering to special requests, planning surprises and special activities, and regular follow-ups with guests by negotiating with partners for freebies or special rates
Why would you want this job?
This is a very unique customer service opportunity for many reasons – here are a few!
- The people you work with: They are a dynamic international and multicultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons
- Support for your growth: Their pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, they invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of their people
- Flexible working hours: After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours
- Having an impact: You contribute to memories of a lifetime for their guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often has a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, they listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
What do they expect from you?
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to go the extra mile to support our guests and comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if necessary
- You are an excellent communicator in the English and German languages, both verbal and written. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way
- You are able to work under pressure and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in challenging situations
- You have a naturally warm and pleasant personality and excellent people skills – you are empathetic and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds and to build trust
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have outstanding mental agility and are solution orientated. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet'' as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations
- You are strongly self-driven and have an intrinsic motivation to be the best you can. You are highly self-organized, and have a high level of attention to detail and an intrinsic desire to keep things organized
- You have 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in tourism.