GM -Remote Island Luxury Lodge -Lake Malawi.
Full Board Accommodation, return flights, family bed night allowance.
5 yrs lodge management exp, must have remote safari or island experience, must understand extreme logistics of living on a remote island.
Camp maintenance during the closed season but also a lot of camp, boat, car maintenance whilst camp is open.
• HR procedures and ensuring that the lodge acts within the employment and pension acts.
• Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
• Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance
• Oversee the food and dining experience to ensure it remains at the existing high standards.
• Effective financial management
• A minimum of 5 year’s work experience as a Lodge General Manager in a remote 5-star environment
• Good technical acumen to be able to troubleshoot building, electrics & plumbing issues in a remote environment
• Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
• Financial awareness and a working knowledge of small business management
• High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry