PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This role is within the Micros support department of Micros South Africa, providing support on the Micros products from database configuration, front end configuration, 3rd party assistance and operating system. Ensuring at all times that the company’s process and control measures are adhered to.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
· To provide telephonic / remote / onsite support for all Micros products
· Clients on ‘Stop-Support’ are not to be support without the authorization by Management.
· To ensure accurate and timely updates of logged support issues one the in-house call logging system.
· To be aware of escalation procedures as communicated from time to time. Escalation procedures may vary for corporate accounts.
· To make sure the billing process is adhered to with regards to chargeable calls and managed with the help of account managers and projects. *
· Be responsible for interaction with customers via email, telephone etc.
· Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
· Maintain all documentation required by Micros.
· Assist with the occasional implementing, testing and writing of any documentation that may be required.
· Test and troubleshoot new versions prior to release.
· To employ sound decision making when dealing with customer support issues. i.e. escalation, resolve customer issues in the most efficient manner, in the shortest possible time.
· To maintain effective communication with our customers at all times, through a planned program of scheduled telephonic conversations and meetings.
· Inform the relevant account managers of support/maintenance issues regarding their clients.
· Attend any relevant training course which is set to improve knowledge on the company’s or associated applications
· Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity & service levels and dealing with them accordingly.
· Collaborating extensively with peers and other teams to drive problem resolution and contribute in growing the knowledge
· Logging and managing support cases with 3rd parties.
· Dealing with all historical cases – cases include configuration changes, training cases and balancing queries.*
· Will be responsible for support installs this would include new credit card installs and other installs deemed necessary.*
· Scheduled patch installs.*
· Support issues with regards to new database role outs.*
· Make sure cases are updated and SLA is kept on the cases owned by the individual.*
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link