Our client in the Telecommunications sector requires a Cloud Data Scientist on a 12-month contract. Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
The Cloud Data Scientist will apply operations research and statistical methods to solve challenges related to Cloud compute, storage, network, and capacity for public cloud analytics and ML/AI platforms. Will be required to work broadly across Analytics and Big Data Platforms, Platforms Engineering and Systems Infrastructure teams to optimize the deployment of resources and drive innovation in analytics and big data public cloud software stack, allowing for efficient use of resources.
- Statistical analysis: Identify patterns in data. This includes having a keen sense of pattern detection and anomaly detection.
- Machine learning: Implement algorithms and statistical models to enable a computer to automatically learn from data.
- Computer science: Apply the principles of artificial intelligence, database systems, human/computer interaction, numerical analysis, and software engineering.
- Programming: Write computer programs and analyze large datasets to uncover answers to complex problems.
- Data storytelling: Communicate actionable insights using data.
- Analytical thinking. Find analytical solutions to abstract business issues.
- Critical thinking: Apply objective analysis of facts before coming to a conclusion.
- Inquisitiveness: Look beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
- Interpersonal skills: Communicate across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization.
- Hands-on experience in predictive modelling, report, and dashboard design.
- Strong experience developing and implementing multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g., statistical analysis, operations research, machine learning and deep learning techniques, etc.).
- Solid experience in handling terabyte-sized data sets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, using SQL and databases.
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Agile exposure, Kanban or Scrum
Minimum experience and qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience as a Data Scientist
- Zulu language proficiency