Main purpose of the job:
- To provide HIV rapid testing services and holistic HIV counselling and support to clients
Key performance areas:
Conduct HIV rapid testing (finger prick)
- Perform HIV rapid tests based on a Rapid HIV testing algorithm based on daily district targets
- Ensure related quality control procedures are followed
- Ensure results are documented as required
Provide participant counselling and support
- Provide pre-and post-testing counselling
- Provide HIV information to participants that include but is not limited to risk reduction, ARVs, adherence, nutrition, hygiene, infant feeding
- Provide counselling regarding participant disclosure
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Conduct in-depth one-on-one counselling sessions and group counselling as and when required in accordance with counselling guidelines
- Provide adherence and contraceptive counselling if required
- Provide counselling support and referral for clients screening positive for HIV or gender-based violence
Conduct screening for other issues
- Conduct TB symptom screen on all clients
- Conduct STI symptom screen on all clients
- Conduct screening for Gender-based violence
- Complete clinical forms and HTS stationery as per SOPs with < 5% errors in documentation
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested
- Compile monthly reports
- Ensure all errors identified are corrected within 24 hours
- Assist with research-related activities as and when required
Effective self-management and performance ownership
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities
Required minimum education and training:
- Grade 12
- Accredited certificate/training in performing finger pricks and HIV tests according to South Africa’s national HIV testing guidelines
- Accredited certificate in basic HIV counselling or equivalent qualification
- Valid code C1 driver`s license, Preferably with PDP
Required minimum work experience:
- 6 months’ experience in Rapid HIV testing including counselling and finger pricking
- Experience working with adolescents and young people, sexual and reproductive health; HIV prevention and PrEP programmes would be advantageous
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Ability to write, keep accurate records and develop daily reports
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages
- Fluency in locally spoken language/s
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work towards deadlines
- Be a team player
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills
Demands of the job:
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion should be maintained at all times
- Ability to work with adolescent and young clients and diversity important
Communications and relationships:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 12 July 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.