Recruiting an Account Analyst (ideally from waste management/ recycling industry.)
The main purpose of this position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the sourcing, collation, processing, and reporting of all information required by the EPR regulations. In addition to this the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Financial Manager with general matters when required.
Processing of membership applications
- Responding to membership queries
- Completing members' onboarding forms
- Updating of membership details on the Company’s system and membership
- Assist with the invoicing and debtors’ management of members
- Following up on member glass tonnage declarations
- Capturing tonnage detail on the Company system
- Preparing reports for management
- Preparing reasonability checks on members’ volumes
- Supporting the Financial Manager with the monthly management accounts
- Reconciliation of tonnages collected and recycled for reporting to the DFFE
- Completing interim and annual reports for the DFFE
- Liaison with the company auditors for EPR audits
- Develop and maintain a system to collect the extended producer responsibility fees
Preparation of all information required for the biannual audits
- Conduct internal biannual financial audits and make these audit reports available
to the department upon request
- Make the internal biannual audit reports available to the external auditor and
submit to the DFFE timeously
- In conjunction with the financial manager, appoint an independent financial auditor
- conducts an external audit of the financial records and all other information as
- required by the EPR regulations; and
- include the internal biannual audit findings in the annual audit report
- Submit the annual audit report to the Department within 60 days after finalisation
of the audit, annual audit report uploaded onto the South African
Waste Information Centre (SAWIC) for public access
- Develop and maintain a register of all members
- Collect, record, manage and submit data to the South African Waste Information
System as required in regulation eight of the EPR Regulations
- Keep records of the quantity of identified products:
placed on the market by members of the producer responsibility organisation
- Manage system for compensation of reclaimers, payment of transport subsidies
and payment to third parties for servicing of glass banks and wheelie bins
- The interim performance report submitted to the Department within four
weeks of the conclusion of the 6 months period namely January to June of the
calendar year, by the producer responsibility organisation, and the interim
performance report includes the following but is not limited to:
- Unaudited interim performance against the published targets.
- Unaudited breakdown of the allocation of the extended producer responsibility
- fee; and
- Unaudited performance on all finance matters in conjunction with the financial
- Annual performance audit reports submitted to the Department within
- 3 months of the conclusion of the year end, which is on 31 December.
- An annual external performance audit report submitted to the Department containing the following minimum requirements:
? Performance against the published targets.
? Breakdown of the allocation of the extended producer responsibility fee.
? Performance on all finance matters.
Governance report; and
? Number of jobs created.
? All producer responsibility organisation that establish and implement
their own scheme must record and report, as a minimum on an annual
basis, to the South African Waste Information System the quantities of
the identified product that are:
- placed on the market by members of the producer responsibility organisation or by the producers who implement their own
- Landfilled; and
- number of jobs created.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Decision making / Independent thinking.
- Presentation skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Advanced computer literacy skills (Microsoft word/excel); and
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Work accurately
- Meet deadlines
- Be able to recognise errors in data supplied
Education and Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 with Mathematics (Essential).
- Minimum of 2 years in a finance related role.
- BCom or equivalent tertiary qualification (Finance, and accounting modules would
- Proven history in performing reconciliations within finance