Our client is seeking a Software Developer to join their team, based in Port Elizabeth.
Purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to be a great developer and leader. The incumbent will form part of the larger development team and will regularly engage with their teammates and the company’s clients to design, develop, test, implement and support the solutions that are in place, and the solutions that the company’s planning to build.
Qualification, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Matric certificate.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
- Self-Management – Applicants need to possess the drive and ability to take projects and run with it (from conception to user satisfaction).
- Technical – Experience in the company’s core technology stack is essential but it’s recognized that many skills and technologies can be learnt along the way.
- MS SQL Server.
- WCF and Rest Web Services.
- Can work through and make logical sense of complicated and often illogical solutions and processes.
- Language – English, is essential. Other languages would be beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and implementation of software solutions within the company.
- Internal and external (client) support.
- Writing and implementing quality and high performing code.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of software tools, processes, and procedures.
- Research and development.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Identification of areas of improvement.
- Assist with peer review and code reviews.
- Collaboration with developers from other teams to implement the best solutions possible.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.