Duties and Responsibilities
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting complex corporate and commercial transactions, including
mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliance structures, complex insurance and reinsurance
contracts, profit share arrangements, transactions involving insurtech and parametric/indexed products,
new insurance and reinsurance products and portfolio transfers.
- Advise clients on all aspects of financial service regulation in South Africa, including licensing of insurers,
reinsurers, branches of foreign reinsurers, cell captive insurers and microinsurers, intermediary licensing
and regulation and compliance with data protection laws.
- Work on various types of commercial transactions, such as commercial contracts (supply, distribution,
agency, licensing, services, binder, intermediary and outsourcing agreements) and technology-related
Qualifications and Experience:
- Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- 5 Years PQE (Majority of which should be in Corporate)
- Proven experience of supervising and supporting a legal team.