MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Departmental Business Planning:
Develop, collect information, solicit inputs, draft and prepare the
operational business plans of the department in accordance with
the company Strategy, Business Plan, Policies and Procedures;
Lead the Bus Planning Process for Department Business process improvement recommendations Departmental business process optimisation coordination.
Business Development, Marketing and Sales:
Identifies business needs and new opportunities to ensure growth and sustainability
- Develop proposals and feasibility studies on various potential
- Identify stakeholders and funders
- Client Identification and engagement
- Brand representation:
- Industry forums;
- Marketing of the services
- Ensuring delivery as per agreed business plan
- Reviews performance data to monitor and measure productivity,
goal progress and activity levels
- Represents the Department and the company to all stakeholders;
- Ensures effective and efficient utilisation of resources in achieving plans and objectives;
- Identifies problems, develops alternatives and recommend
courses of action in consultation with the Executive:
Development, through analysis, interpretation and evaluation of
- Accountable for budget
- Accountable for risk
Ensure that the correct project and departmental information is
- Ensure on-time and accurate submission of all required reports
- Ensure all evidence is collected and filed for auditing purposes.
- Manage the Divisional Risk in line with the company's risk management process.
- Business process improvement recommendations
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the operations of the departments
- Ensure high quality project delivery as per agreed business plan
- Ensure operating efficiency
- Establish and maintain controls
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Review project performance data to monitor and measure
productivity, goal progress and activity levels
- Represent the division and the company to strategic stakeholders;
- Identify problems, develop alternatives and recommend courses of action
- Manage employees as appropriate within the department to
optimise business performance and the service to customers.
- Ensure staff have the required skills and experience to execute
- Conduct Performance Planning Sessions.
- Compile the Performance Management (KRA) documentation in collaboration with the staff member in terms of:
- Job Profile requirements
- Strategic Performance Objectives
- Key Performance Areas
- Personal Development Plan
- Track and monitor performance in accordance with policies and procedures and performance planning documentation.
- Continuously provide feedback and coaching to ensure that the staff member/s performs at optimum productivity level.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with policies and
procedures and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Appraise performance at the end of each performance period in accordance with policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s Degree (Industrial Engineering, Production, Logistics or Transport Economics); Business Management qualification an
Project Management Qualification (1-year diploma)
- A minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in management, complemented by a minimum of 3 years in-depth working knowledge in Supply Chain Management, or Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or Lean Manufacturing (SDD), Project Management, or similar areas.
o Experience in marketing and sales within the professional
service environment would be preferable
o Experience in acquiring and utilizing government and donor
funding is an advantage;
o Business analysis
o Risk management;
o Project management and corporate governance.
o Corporate reporting in line with organisational performance.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Own Transport