Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale the next-gen data analytics platform, that provides
all possible types of data visualizations, information management, and other components.
- Turn existing POC components into production-grade.
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback.
- Taking ownership of the whole vertical of certain functional area.
- Increase and maintain test coverage.
- Participate in overall architecture discussion meetings.
- Provide clean trail of activity – source control, issue tracking, documentation.
Skills & Experience:
- Computer science background, excellent knowledge of common data structures, and
- 5+ years of experience building backend applications.
- Knowledge of web fundamentals: protocols, modern web standards.
- Expert knowledge of Java language and platform.
- Strong experience working with Spring (Boot, Security, Data/JPA, Web)
- Experience building/working with asynchronous task orchestration engines
- Experience and passion in application profiling and low-level optimizations
- Fluent SQL is a must.
- Big Data experience
- ML experience
- Experience building SPA (frontend, react, Mobx).
- Setting up Gitlab Auto Devops pipelines
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes is also a plus.
- Experience in performance tuning for Clickhouse and PostgreSQL.
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.