Central Business Relationship Manager (BA)- permanent - Cape Town
This role is responsible for collaboratively working with Central, Regional and in-country stakeholders to drive the overall business strategy, by leveraging existing IT solutions wherever possible and introducing new solutions where required.
The IT Business Relationship Manager acts as a Business Partner responsible for identifying, scoping, and supporting the delivery of IT solutions (including benefit definition) that drive the downstream Oil & Gas Business requirements. The role covers both SAP and the non-SAP landscape extending to Marketing, Retail, Commercial, Supply & Distribution Management as well as associated Financial and Reporting Systems. The solutions that are identified are then scoped for delivery as either Business or IT (or both) initiatives.
The role includes planning and prioritisation of projects and initiatives by working with the Business and IT Teams ensuring that commercial (incl. resources), scope and quality management considerations are taken. These considerations should be matched to benefits that will be defined as part of the solutions that are proposed and then prioritised accordingly.
The role further requires effective collaboration to ensure that both Business and IT deliverables are committed to by all parties and achieved in line with project planning.
- Understand the overall Business Strategy and identify a pipeline of improvements (process and solutions) for consideration against a comprehensive Business Case
- Leads and champions IT and Business projects, raising awareness and gaining commitments from all parties as required to deliver outcomes
- Collaborating with business leaders, showing benefit delivery from previous initiatives (via formal PIR processes) and identifying benefits for new initiatives.
- Ensure projects that are delivered, are embedded into the business and the adoption of the solution is as per the business requirements
Business Case Definition
- Identifying and developing Business Cases in partnership with the business to drive the rollout of Key programs, ensuring adequate allowance to appropriately resource projects
- Provides Central Business Analysis Skills for identified Projects
- Drive clarity of business requirements, high level design, cost and time estimates to deliver the required outcomes
- Support where required, preparations of proposals, plans, specifications and Contract & Procurement activities.
- Collaborating with the IT Team to develop solutions that meet Business Requirements
- Ensure Business provide the required support to the IT Team in the selection of any required solutions
- Support Business Case submission by the Business
- Ensure relevant Finances are loaded into SAP once Business Case is approved.
- Ensure commitment from both IT and the Business to deliver initiatives
- Ensuring that Functional Specifications shared by IT meet the expectations of the documented Business Requirements
- Assist the Project Manager to Identify IT Risks and Issues relating to project delivery
- Ensures the Project Manager documents Business lessons learned as required
- Support Business Project Managers in the execution of approved Projects, particularly with resolving IT challenges
- Risks with no clear ownership, that are escalated are dealt with to ensure ownership and resolving actions identified
- Ensure that the solutions are appropriate and meet the overall strategy to Focus, Simplify and Perform
- Ensuring that Business Requirements are well captured and signed off by Business Leads
- Ensure PM adheres to required Project Management methodologies and framework
- Ensure projects are well funded with contingency arrangements
- Ensuring that all required Business Scenarios are appropriately mapped and resourced to meet the UAT and Change Management requirements of the project
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
The role is suited to a person that has previous or current functional experience within SAP environments in a mid- to large enterprise and looking to be more involved with project costing and delivery of business outcomes.
- 3+ Years’ experience in Business Analysis and Projects Deployments
- 3+ years’ experience in a SAP environment
- Solid track record of leading successful Solution Deployments
- Thorough understanding of information technology and its application to business issues
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Contract and Procurement exposure
- Bachelor Degree from a recognised University
- Prince2/PMP certification added advantage
- Ability to work in Multi-Cultural Teams across multiple timezones
- Self-motivated with great organising skills
- Business Analysis Skills
- Attention to detail
- Stake Holder Management
- Team Leadership
- Complex Project Deployment experience in large commercial organisations
- Business Partnering experience in multiple functions such as Supply Chain, Finance , Retail and Marketing
- Experience in SAP & other Solutions development & deployment
- Working & Managing External Service Providers