Financial Services concern is seeking a Senior Developer who will be responsible for design, including technical documentation and development of new applications as well as second line support of key applications. Responsibilities:
- Provide input into solution designs and set up technical frameworks for new applications and interfaces.
- Provide estimates for application changes.
- Present alternative solutions for new development where applicable.
- Develop changes in line with the application architecture and technical standards.
- Unit test own programs as well as developed interfaces.
- Assist in prioritisation and classification of defects to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Update technical models and documentation to align with new development.
- Assist with implementation of best practices and standards.
- Prioritise development in-line with Business requirements.
- Liaise with project stakeholders as required during the SDLC.
- Performing and managing regression testing
- Work with the implementation and configuration manager to create deployment instructions and artefacts.
- Collaborate with technical teams to align deployment procedures.
- Be on standby for production deployments and resolve issues that may arise.
- Investigate production errors where required.
- Be on standby and provide support as agreed with the application manager, some of which could be outside of core business hours.
- Technical support on applications
- Provide input to technical and application design and architecture when required.
- Provide input to development standards and best practices.
- Provide input to analysts and testers when required.
An Appropriate IT Qualification (Diploma/Degree)
B.Sc. or National Diploma in Computer Science (recommended)
Minimum 5 years of experience developing in an object-oriented environment
Minimum 5 years of experience in SQL database design and query writing
Experience in multi-threading
Experience in an IT environment in the financial sector will be an advantage
Experience in designing solutions
OOP / SOLID Design Principles
Solid understanding and experience implementing containerised solutions using:
Understanding DevSecOps and working experience with some DevOps tools such as:
âª Azure DevOps
âª XL Deploy
- Experience in working with the following:
âª .Net Framework (including .NET Core)
âª C# Development Language
âª ASP.Net MVC / Web Forms
âª HTML (including HTML5)
âª CSS (including CSS3)
âª MS SQL server
âª Web Services (WCF) and API development
âª XML / JSON data structures
âª Test-Driven Development
âª ORM (Entity Framework & NHibernate)
âª WEB APIs
âª Agile and Scrum
Experience in working with high volume transactions
Understanding of application security standards and developing secure applications
*Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*