Our client in the electronic payment industry is looking for a Technical Business Analyst at their offices in the centre of beautiful Stellenbosch.
A need exists within the business for a combined business and system analysis role to enhance the efficiencies of gathering business and system requirements, formulating solutions & models, and documenting operational and system processes and procedures. The two roles have been combined into one role namely Technical Business Analyst.
- Gather and document business requirements from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bridge the gap between business and technical teams by translating business requirements into technical / functional requirements and plans.
- Assisting business in documenting operational procedures and presentation flows
- Assisting in gathering and documenting reporting requirements
- Maintain and manage changes to requirements during a project phase.
- Learn (and possibly document) the existing systems to a sufficient depth for requirement analysis.
- Work closely within PMO to support priority projects and manage backlog grooming with the Product Owners and Project Manager
- Manage and update BA documents and ensure the availability and approval of such documents.
- Support UAT and testing requirements to ensure that features were delivered as per documented requirements and with acceptable quality standards.
- Ongoing monitoring and re-calibration of deployed solutions
- 5 years business and system analysis experience
- 3 years’ experience in the payments / financial industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end payment’s environment (retailers, digital, banking, card schemes, EFT, settlement, acquiring, etc.)
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Business Analysis diploma or relevant qualification
- Systems Analysis insight and IT technical background is essential.
Personal traits -
- Fluent in English and ideally Afrikaans
- Excellent writing skills especially when documenting requirements.
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills (ability to interact at all levels within the organisation)
- Accountability & action-orientated
- Analytical and good problem-solving ability
- Work independently and effectively in a team.
- Disciplined and self-managed
- Computer literate with a full understanding of the Microsoft suite, Draw.IO, Jira and Visio
- The candidate must have the ability to travel, either locally (often using their own car) or elsewhere in the country
- Driver’s license
- While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 15 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.