The BURS Tax Stamp General Manager will be responsible for the companies tax stamp operations in Botswana and will be based in Gaborone. The GM is a senior manager who will build and lead the country team, manage all aspects of business in the country, coordinate the efforts of the
program partners and represent the company to key external stakeholders. They will also build key governmental relationships and partnerships, promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and deliver on objectives and milestones within agreed budgets and timelines.
A tax stamp program is a complex Government-sponsored product marking solution which comprises of production marking and monitoring systems; which apply secure digital codes or stamps to various products at the point of manufacture or importation. These programs also include implementation of hardware on manufacturing lines, set up of importation facilities as well as deployment of a software platform, data analytics and
mobile authentication solutions.
The Program Manager must be able to get things done and make things happen. Ability to improve client satisfaction and program operations performance through efficient and lean techniques and obtaining the best out of people, processes and technology.
• Manage senior client relationships at Exec level and cross-departmental
• Prepare and present monthly budgets
• Develop and maintain management systems, including communication, reporting, authorities and decision-making protocols
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this job.
• BS in Science, Engineering or Business
• > 10 years’ experience managing government solutions in complex environments involving system integration to third-party systems and operations and close collaboration with program partners and stakeholders
• Experience working for multi-national or American companies including familiarity with laws and regulations under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in the USA and Anti-Bribery provisions in the UK
• Minimum of 10 years relevant senior management and/or program management experience
• Experience negotiating with government officials and national level organizations and leaders, as well as networking with industry leaders
• Familiarity with track and trace systems is strongly preferred
• Proficient with MS Office
• Analytical, numerical data evaluation experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven personnel management experience; empower and engage all levels of personnel;
• Due to the work requirements of this position, it is not a normal Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job;
o There may be some occasions when work will be required in the evenings and or at weekends.
o There may be a requirement to travel some weekends or evenings.
o There is an estimate of up to 30% in country traveling required for this role and candidates should have no barriers or impediments to travel by air, road, rail or sea.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link