DVT is one of the top software development companies on the continent. Our software engineers are consulting on cutting edge applications at the top companies in South Africa, as well as consulting globally. And we're currently looking for a Raw Vault Data Modeller -
Main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
- Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
- Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards
- Apply the approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
- Gather and translate business requirements into data requirements.
- Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues, relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
- Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models to ensure optimal implementation.
- Compile Source to Target Mapping Specifications
- Ensure complete and correct data by identifying definitive or authoritative source of data; analysing source data; and identifying gaps
- Enable physical implementation of the data structure by generating the first cut physical data model from the logical data model.
- Facilitate dataflow understanding by collating dataflow diagrams outlining the flow of data across systems and interfaces.
- Reduce non-value adding work by identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Models
- Manage and execute projects
- Manage pilots to realize quick wins
- Organize functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Desire to develop self
- Client delivery focus
- Focus on quality
- Problem solving ability
Qualifications & Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or business informatics or computer science, engineering or related qualifications/ experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience for Senior Consultant roles
- Broad understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture
- Experience in data modelling and knowledge of common data modelling methodologies (Kimball, Vault, Inmon etc)
- Preferred technology experience or exposure on SAP HANA, Cloudera and Wherescape.
- Experience with data modelling software packages (SAP PowerDesigner, Erwin, TM1, etc)
- Experience with SSAS, SAS, Denodo, Snowflake and other relevant virtualisation packages
- Cloud knowledge and experience preferred: Azure, AWS, Snowflake
- Preferred front-end tools: Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBi
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Able to manage pilots to realize quick wins
- Ability to organize functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed