R360 k p/a (neg with benefits)
Qualifications, knowledge and skill Requirements:
• Qualified Maintenance Electrician and/or Maintenance Millwright with minimum 10 years practical experience.
• AC and DC drive experience
• Basic PLC and electronic experience
• In procession of a valid driver's licence - LDV
• Strong Managerial and Supervisory experience at Foreman level
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong knowledge in operating maintenance tools and equipment
• A good knowledge of maintenance planning methodologies and the control thereof
• Problem solving; identifying and solving all technically related problems
• Experience in the ordering of spare parts, interaction with suppliers
• Team member -ability to encourage or influence others to work together within the group
• Conceptual/ analytical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, proficient in the English Language Written and Oral - must be able to legibly read and write reports.
• Punctuality - having an excellent attendance track record
• PC Literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects) and Windows System
• Willing to do extra in order to meet goals i.e. going the extra mile
• Attending to all breakdowns during or outside of normal working hours
• Conduct ongoing training with subordinates
• Conduct weekly meetings with subordinates for maintenance and safety awareness
• Coordinate all planned work for maintenance
• Ensure adherence to the OHSACT and company policies and procedures
• Ensure all critical spares are readily available - maintaining inventory to minimise downtime to the operation
• Focus on cost saving initiatives and implement improvement projects to ensure plant is maintained to world class standards
• Hands on practical approach
• Incorporate safety into the staff training program in line with OHSACT
• Inspect all machinery, equipment and buildings of the facility
• Maintain the scheduled maintenance system and all related documentation according to ISO9001
• Maintaining a record of all the maintenance work that has been conducted on the machinery
• Maximise machine efficiencies
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Overseeing tool changes, ensuring all tooling and equipment is properly maintained and available prior to tool changes
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on machinery and equipment
• Reduce machine breakdown times
• Refurbishment of machinery
• Required to work overtime as and when required
• Required to work weekly standby
• Strong mechanical and electrical problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of control systems and machine operation with hands-on experience.
• To ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
• Complete any other duty or tasks assigned by Plant Manager.