Product Owner/Business Analyst
An innovative an educational software company situated in Pretoria East is seeking a Product Owner and Business Analyst with at least 6 years’ experience in a similar role.
Minimum education (essential)
- BEng (Industrial) Degree or BSC Information Technology Degree or similar
- Certified Scrum Master, ad manager certification
Minimum applicable experience (years)
- 6 years minimum, with 2+ years in a management role
Required nature of experience
- Business Analysis within the IT, software preferably media/digital advertising
- Development of product and system specifications.
- Requirement gathering and documentation.
- Project Management.
Skills and Knowledge (essential)
- Working knowledge of Big Data and Data Science applications. Business Intelligence.
- Practicing knowledge of SDLC.
- Knowledge of consumer-facing application development, deployment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of media and marketing product and service landscape.
- An in-depth understanding of User Experience design and Consumer products.
- The application of critical thinking and a data-driven approach to the continuous improvement of a product and the customer's experience relating to the product.
- Recruitment and effective management of employees.
- Excellent computer proficiency (especially in GSuite and MS Office Excel).
- Technical and functional writing skills (Proposals, pitches, demo content, product specifications etc.).
- Business process formulation and design.
- Technical Specification writing.
- Agile Project Management.
- Team management.
- Stakeholder liaison and reporting.
- BI Tools and interpretation
Skills and Knowledge (desirable)
Key Performance Areas, Weights and Objectives
Team Coordination 20%
- Increase team’s effectiveness with the following:
- Recruitment, selection and orientation;
- Training and development;
- Assign accountabilities and plan;
- Monitor and appraise job and project results;
- Develop a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Ensure the team meets timelines and produces content of the highest quality, always maintaining the professional image of the product, both internally and externally.
- Ensure that the team has the support and resources it needs to thrive and develop professionally.
Product Ownership 50%
- Full cycle Project and Product Management including capacity management, stakeholder engagement and resource tracking.
- Multi-task on a suite of projects and functions, all within different stages of development and implementation.
- Compile intuitive system and product requirements and specification design, in terms of researching, consulting and analysing needs.
- Follow best practice design and development methodologies in sustaining high quality, clean, auditable and manageable products and systems.
- Compile relevant specifications documents.
- Work with front-end, back-end and mobile developers, marketing, sales, research and design departments to ensure a holistic management process of project management.
- Ensure conformity of products to product requirements in terms of the Quality Objectives which includes regulatory and legislative compliance.
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in applications and associated processes, procedures and methods within the division.
- Continuous improvement of existing products, systems and processes within the division.
- Identify issues, bugs, and bottlenecks and devise solutions to these problems within the division.
- Guide key resources to facilitate and execute on the improvement and prolonged success of existing applications.
- Monitors external industry trends and how they impact the business model relating to the product domain.
- Follow and keep abreast of competitor developments and trends and use this information to develop strategies and plans that would result in a competitive edge.
- Plan and prioritise product feature and/ or process improvement backlog and the development thereof.
- Work closely with department leads to create and maintain business value and ROI.
- Analyse consumer trends and feedback relating to app usage, dropoff rates, screen interaction, rewards program opt-in rates, reviews, and general consumer sentiment.
- Continuously optimise and improve applicable user journeys through the SDLC process.
- Continuously develop and improve the behavioural science model relating to customer retention and opt-in rates.
Business Processes and Strategy 20%
- Manage key relationships (clients and suppliers - 3rd party applications and/ or hardware) under purview in the team.
- Direct business process improvements, operationalization and optimization.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of products, projects or systems, including commercialisation, legal and operational aspects.
- Identify, analyse and report on risks, along with appropriate mitigation measures and implementation of these measures for said risks.
- Manage tasks and priorities within the team.
- Increase profitability of products through the streamlining of development and maintenance thereof.
- Effective stakeholder management (both internal and external).
- Drive a data-lead approach within the division, ensuring data is top of mind and considered across functions.
- Use data and insights to address and improve operational inefficiencies, lack of process adherence, and sales outcomes.
- Ensure accuracy (through checks and fail safes) of the division’s data system.
- Analyse operational and procedural problems, and develop, recommend, and implement proposed solutions.
- Accomplish objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results; reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Efficient and effective reporting on strategies, prioritisation and tasks to Line Manager.
- Efficient and effective reporting on performance of products and systems.