The successful candidate will support the business with proper finance planning, procedures, controls, and analysis to minimise costs and maximise growth.
Key Performance Areas:
- Draft and maintain financial policies as and when required.
- Ensure that all financial actions adhere to corporate governance and compliance.
- Ensure integrity of system data input and compliance to audit standards.
- Manage income statements (e.g. trial balance control, budget targets and cost variance).
- Manage accounting for ad-hoc and non-standard transactions.
- Ensure accurate and timeous financial reporting (i.e., due dates are adhered to).
- Control cost variations from the budgeted figures to ensure sound financial control and report any undue actions.
- Perform profit and loss analysis and presentations for various projects (operational, capital & project tracking).
- Perform profit and loss forecast for Management.
- Develop new financial and operational KPI’s and manage them to support management; and
- Ensure that the company adheres to all its contracts and is not unduly at risk due to actions within the company.
The Company values appointing candidates who hold a balance between qualifications and relevant experience i.e., it’s not only the number of years of experience that counts but also the life in those years.
- Diploma / Degree in BCom / Cost Management or equivalent
- 5 years experience in a similar role especially in an FMCG environment
- Advanced computer Literacy
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practises
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Display a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage budgets and forecasting