This Finance practitioner reporting to the Branch Manager will be expected to provide the full range of accounting services for both the Port Elizabeth and East London
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensuring accurate accounting of all Company transactions
reporting on all financial matters.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial management accounts.
- Overseeing the management of stock.
- Preparing and monitoring the implementation of Company budgets and
- Attending to and overseeing internal audits.
- Managing Company asset information.
- Ongoing analysis, revision and implementation of financial systems.
- Managing the Financial Controllers responsible for
operational finance, including but not limited to proactive follow-up of queries, variances and to conduct
investigations to resolve all issues.
- BEE reporting.
- Completing and submitting statutory returns and reports,
as well as.
- Managing cash flow and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Approve reconciliations, payments, credit
notes and changes
- Ensure accurate processing of all transactions on Syspro.
To be considered for the position you should meet at least the following essential criteria:
- A minimum of a B Comm degree, together with at least three years proven experience in managing a Finance
Department, preferably in a Sales operation with satellite sales offices;
- Proven competence in the handling of all aspects of branch operational finance with exposure to the
consolidation of accounts and the integration of financial systems and operations;
- Excellence in Microsoft Office and advanced numeracy and Excel skills;
- Good experience in the use of ERP systems for financial processing, whilst experience with Syspro would
be an added advantage;
- Ability to function and interact at Senior Level in the branch;
- A meticulous work approach with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good report-writing skills;
- Excellent co-ordination and administrative abilities;
- Proven ability to manage a small finance support team and good general interactive skills;
- The ability to work according to strict deadlines on a continuous basis; and
- Strong financial analytical skills.
The position further requires the ability to manage and or handle a variety of tasks at the same time, a good
understanding of general financial controls and a pro-active approach to managing and controlling information to
meet targeted deadlines.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.