· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Accommodation Certificate/ Hotel School diploma is advantageous
· Previous experience in the same or similar position in a hotel environment
· Familiar with all duties and procedures in Front Office / Reservations Department
· Minimum 2-5 years Reservations Experience Opera Experience
· Third language is advantageous
· Strong administrative skills (MS Office essential)
· Exceptional telephonic and written communication, and guest relations qualities
· Use initiative and be a team player, willing to go the extra mile
· Comfortable with and knowledge on reservation systems (such as Opera, Nightsbridge) - In the know of Online Travel Agents and their workings beneficial (Booking.com, Expedia ect)
· Eagerness to learn and gain destination knowledge of Cape Town, Langebaan, Hermanus, Knysna important but not limited to
· Well knowledgeable in various areas of travel (international, domestic business)
· Ability to supply guests with relevant information for their travel/holiday
· Ability to work under pressure and manage high volume of bookings
· Must be willing to work shifts, including late night shifts, public holidays and weekends Duties and Responsibilities – but not limited to Accurately record and process Reservations made by phone/email in the Property management system (Opera)
· All correspondence –e-mail to be acknowledged and answered within 24 hours Liaison with clients and VNL Properties- maintain professional and cordial relations Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same Record special billing arrangements for reservations in all business segments All reservation details: special requests, arrival times, value adds etc to appear on correspondence accurately and in PMS - properties to be aware of guests special requests to meet and exceed guests expectations
· Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
· Immediate communication, to front office, of amendments to on the day arrivals.
· Follow up on all provisional bookings. Ensure that the bookings are confirmed with deposits / full prepayments / voucher numbers where applicable.
· Follow-up on any special requests, tourism service bookings and arrival times.
· Communication of any special / VIP bookings to Travel Support Manager and Front Office.
· Guest complaints and follow up – communicated to the Travel Support Manager Accept waitlist reservations, record and follow up on PMS Upsell or actively sell specials and packages to improve revenue
· Responsible for all reservations and quotations generated within Travel Support, for the Village n Life portfolio of properties and services
· Promote and sell all products and services within our group, utilizing up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
· Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge of all properties
· Accurately record and process reservations in the property management system (OPERA)
· Maintain professional and cordial relations with clientele
· Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/promotions
· Meticulous processing and follow-up of all reservations
· Adhere to the company booking policies and procedures
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link