Adapt IT Energy Division is seeking a Business Development candidate to drive and manage new sales and business development within the Supply Chain Solutions line of business. The focus is on Large and Mid-tier Enterprises, across diverse sectors including Energy/Oil and Gas as well as Warehousing, Transport and Logistics in Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG), Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Manufacturing. The focus areas may be adjusted as part of the growth strategy of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales and business development for the unit, including demand generation and sales support activities.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Drive growth for Adapt IT’s own IP and Partner Solutions within the Large and Mid-Tier Enterprise accounts in the target sectors.
- Achieve sales and gross profit targets as determined by the business lead and aligned to the growth objectives of the support business.
- Coordination and management of pre-sales activities.
- Support the units Pan-Africa expansion through market and business development plans.
- Create and maintain effective Sales Enablement.
- Create and maintain effective Demand Generation and Customer Engagement.
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline at adequate cover ratios for IYR and TCV.
- Support and influence the alignment of the offering to the market demand.
- Foster and strengthen relationships with prospects and clients.
- Manage CRM and Finance solution with relevant sales and pipeline information.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Degree from accredited institution or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years Sales and BD experience in related sectors.
- Experience in direct and indirect sales.
- Experience of consulting / sales in a variety of different industry sectors.
- Experience within Supply Chain within Energy, CPG, FMCG, Manufacturing (advantageous).
Skills & Experience / Prerequisites:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to engage at Senior Management level.
- A committed sales hunter who enables access to markets or clients.
- High level of confidence and determination.
- Has a professional industry network to be Leveraged (prospects and clients).
- Ability to connect, foster and strengthen relationships.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple streams of opportunity under pressure.
- Experience of managing teams or sales resources is useful.
- Strong Sales focus and orientation.