Our Client a Global tech firm is seeking a Security Designer / Architect to join their team in Johannesburg on a contract basis . They offer stability, growth, attractive rates and an excellent working environment.
You will work with the security team to ensure that our customers' data is safe and secure. You'll design, build and manage software systems for our infrastructure, including web applications and server-side databases. You'll also be responsible for designing IT architecture as a whole.
- Participates in the security assessment and design process from initial requirements analysis to completion of the system
- Identifies risks, issues, and vulnerabilities, and identifies design solutions and technical controls.
- Works closely with the business owner, project leader, team members, and the security engineering team to refine and maintain the current system's architecture and create new architecture
- Develops security specifications for products and systems
- Designs and implements security-oriented infrastructure and processes
- Plans, researches, and designs security architecture for IT systems
- Determines security protocols by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
- The security designer must investigate solutions to security requirements, participate in projects with a security component (which is most projects), and create security conceptual and detailed designs for the solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
- Previous experience in security design, architecture, and implementation
- Must have 7+ years of experience in designing and architecting large-scale distributed systems