- To ensure the company’s cash flow is maximized through efficient and effective debt collection and reconciliation
- To provide direct guidance and practical recommendations to Head of Finance with regards to improvements to debtors/finance and collection processes and implement accordingly
- Responsible for the administrative functions relating to payments made to and by the Company
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, bookkeeping and/or finance
- 3 years’ experience in an accounting/financial/debtors and creditors role
- Vision orientated and purposeful individual
- Articulate and great communicator
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Great attitude and interpersonal skills
- People orientated; team player Service delivery orientated
- Takes pride in his / her output
- High Accountability
- Microsoft Office - Excel – Intermediate: Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Sumifs
- Gmail & Google Drive
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of multi-currency merchant accounts to system. Large book value.
- Performing effective debt collection by following processes implemented by the organisation.
- Address irregularities identified on third-party reconciliation and invoicing.
- Maintain accurate records of all debtor and creditor accounts.
- Pursue collection on outstanding amounts and provide regular reports
- Compile weekly cashflow statements and financial reports as required by Financial Accountants.
- Daily analysis of payment processing activity and perform risk assessments through internal control procedures.
- Minimize losses on foreign exchange and implementing cost saving measures.
- Ensure no critical business processes are compromised.
- Ensure third party payment provider requirements are being met.
- Ensure card schemes rules and limitations are adhered to.
- Ensure a key finger on the pulse in terms of Business cashflow and timeous Alerting to stakeholders in any delay in collections and cashflow impediments.