My client who is an IT Infrastructure Services Provider is looking to hire an experienced network engineer to manage and maintain networks. As a network engineer, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining network and security within the network, as well as troubleshooting any issues should they occur. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Collaborating with network architects to implement new project or changed within the infrastructure.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware and software.
- Implementing network security measures.
- Conducting regular network performance tests.
- Dealing with network support issues.
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Monitor network performance and take proactive measures to ensure stability
Network Engineer Requirements:
- Firewall experience, configurations, troubleshooting, testing, problem solving
- Experience with setting up access, distribution and core switches.
- Experience with setting up routers and WiFi networks.
- Matric and qualification in Information Technology or related field.
- Additional network/LAN/WAN certifications
- CCNA / N+ / Firewall Certifications
- 3 to 6 years work experience as a networking engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of network/ firewall operating systems including LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers (HP).
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Familiarity with network analysis tools.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
Fortigate, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco.