They are looking for a Junior Engineer with a minimum of 3 – 5 years civil engineering experience to assist with the ongoing growth of the company.
- Structural analysis of reinforced concrete, steel and aluminium structures
- Structural design of reinforced concrete, steel and aluminium structures
- Preparation of Engineering report including drawings for dissemination to PR Eng for sign off
- Compilation of Engineering packs for dissemination to clients, pack typically includes:
- Detailed design report
- Loading analysis
- Structural calculations
- Construction drawings
- Any approvals from module manufacturers
- Sign-off documents from external PrEng
- Meeting with client engineers to gain approval on design works and develop solutions to bespoke challenges
- Meeting with suppliers to manage timeframes and limitations of developed solutions.
- Meet with onsite representatives of our client to develop solutions to issue arising on site.
- New product development and existing product refinement.
- Assist in the development of improved design and engineering control processes
- Interact with new and existing customers
- Aid in the development of new and improved processes to guarantee efficient delivery of the projects
- Licensed to work in South Africa
- Driver’s license essential
- BEng/BSc in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- An understanding of and experience within the Solar PV market is essential
- Strong communication skills
An understanding of:
- Sketchup (advantageous)
- Structural analysis software (Prokon, etc)
In addition to the hard skill requirements our client is also looking for candidates that are:
- Willing to take on additional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Intercultural sensitivity
- English and Afrikaans essential.
- 20 – 30% of the candidate’s time will be spent away from the office on the road
Reasons to Work for our client
- Openness and teamwork are encouraged within our young versatile team
- Significant opportunity for growth within the organisation
- A challenging and varied position within a new industry
- Rapidly growing company with a focus on international markets
- On the job training