The successful incumbent will be responsible in ensuring all data information is secure, organized
and available on request when data is needed to ensure informed decisions needs to be made. The
incumbent will work closely with various stakeholders within the organization to understand the
company’s data and to plan the goals of the database.
• Plan security measures ensuring data is secure from unauthorised audiences
• Responsible for backing up systems in case of power outages or other disasters
• Ensure the integrity of the database, guaranteeing that the data stored is reliable
• Must monitor the database system’s performance to determine when action is needed.
• Must evaluate complex information that comes from variety of sources.
• Must be able to work in a team and able to communicate effectively with developers and
• Identify user needs to create and administer databases
• Ensuring that the database operates efficiently and without error
• Making and testing modifications to the database structure when needed
• Maintaining the database and updating permissions
• Merging old databases into new ones
• Backing up and restoring data to prevent data loss
• Assisting with migration of databases from local to cloud platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or
• 4+ years relevant experience
• Experience working with SQL in public cloud platforms.
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link