- Responsible for design, specification and services related to control systems including basic process control systems, safety systems, control panels, analyzer systems, telecommunications, field instrumentation, and valves etc.
- May also be responsible for advanced controls optimization.
- Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 4 years related experience, with average experience ranging from 6-10 years.
- Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents.
- Also may be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- As the lead, plans, budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower-level professionals.
BSc.(Eng.) Electrical with experience in the instrumentation controls engineering design environment. Experience within the Petrochemical Industry preferable
- Essential: B Sc & Pr. Eng. registered (or in the process)
Please Note: If you have not heard anything from us after 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.