PBT Group has an opportunity for Data Scientists / Data Engineers.
• Plan and analyse complex business requirements and implement technology enabled solutions to address multi-discipline business opportunities/problems.
• Conduct planning, analysis and design activities in conjunction with other development specialists.
• Participate in analysis of complex business opportunities/problems to deliver designs meeting requirements.
• Participate in estimation of tasks and assist in the development of project plans.
• Code or makes modifications to programs of high complexity, according to specifications.
• Conduct medium to high complexity evaluations for product releases, stand-alone products, etc.
• Conduct walkthroughs and quality review of deliverables.
• Knowledge of design and developing end-to-end data acquisition processes to be used in population of data warehouse/data marts and/or in the creation of interfaces.
• Provide guidance and mentoring on business intelligence technology and systems in general, especially in the area of ETL processes.
• Participate in the formulation of standards to support the data acquisition development process.
• Design, develop and execute complex data acquisition or interface routines using ETL tool, ensuring that business and technical requirements are met.
• Ensure compliance with established policies, standards and methodologies.
• SAP, Cloud (preferably Azure), Databricks, SQL, Docker, Spark, Rshiny, PowerBI, Git
• Intimate knowledge of source systems as well as a basic understanding of dimensional models.
• Conventional database- and data warehouse modeling skills, in order to understand the data warehouse data models.
• A sound knowledge of the programming language used to write the data staging programs or ETL tool.
• A sound knowledge of SQL, or the language used to access the source databases and the data warehouse from the data staging programs or ETL tool.
• A sound knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the data staging programs.
• Pride of work, thoroughness and attention to detail.
Required Qualifications / Training:
• Course on the ETL / related toolset.
• Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
• B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
• 2+ years programming experience.