A market leading ICT solutions provider is seeking to hire a 2nd level Support Technician.
Deliverables / Responsibilities:
- Delivery of high quality remote support on a range of technical incidents and problems across the IT client base
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
- Respond to, handle incidents and escalate problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
- Perform administrative tasks user and server related
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- Help support, train and mentor other team members
- You will have a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensuring SLA’s are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
- Application troubleshooting
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Previous experience of providing IT Support at a 2nd Line level in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
- Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous